BBC – September 2017
I completed a placement with the BBC working specifically within their Broadcasting house in Bristol. I was heavily involved in the production side of BBC Radio Bristol, working as a reporter creating packages and also writing scripts and cues for presenters. During this time I also worked alongside social media teams helping to create content for BBC Radio Bristol’s social channels. This placement provided me with invaluable experiences at one of the biggest media organisations within the UK. I worked alongside extremely talented journalists and gained a vast insight and knowledge of live broadcast.
Caught Offside (Rocket Sports Network) – August 2017 – present
At Caught Offside I work as an online staff writer and also as a social media manager. My usual day consists of writing football news in a unique angle which has to meet strict and credible editorial guidelines. Further, I also help to maintain and manage the social media channels which often entails curating content and also pushing articles from the site in an effective and successful way. My author page for my work at Caught Offside can be viewed here.
Co-Founder and Chief Editor of LFM– August 2016 – Present
LFM is a fan orientated music site focussing on alternative and live music. As Editor I manage a team of 10 writers. My roles include approving pitches, sub-editing, publishing work, managing social media and producing content myself. We are invited to cover live events and festivals on a regular basis. We bring in close to 20,000 views every 6 months on our site and we have a social media following of over 20,000 which often generates in excess of a million monthly impressions. View the LFM site here.
ITV – June 2016
I helped to prepare a news package on the EU referendum. The particular issue we were looking at was how 18-25 year olds were engaging in the referendum and whether they would vote (if so which way they would vote). Alongside picking up many skills this experience taught me invaluable lessons in how to behave when representing a major organization
Staff Writer for MUFC Latest – October 2015 – December 2015
Spent 3 months writing opinion pieces for MUFCLatest.com. A site which brings in over 400,000 hits per calendar month. Example of my work can be seen here.
Founder of Footbilly – 2014 – present
In 2014 I set up Footbilly. Footbilly is a fan orientated football outlet that focuses on breaking news and historical throwbacks. Footbilly has 80,000 followers online and often reaches over 2 million impressions (views) per month.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
A podcast on the housing crisis (Audio)
Further examples of work
Sport (Print and audio)
- Multimedia piece on ticket prices in English football
- Review of an England U21 match
- The rise of David De Gea
- Review of Wasps vs Toulon
Music (Print and video)
- A short video on the demise of independent music venues
- Gig Review – The Libertines
- A feature piece on The Enemy
- News article on Gorillaz
- A feature piece on Skepta
Politics (Print and video)
- A look at how member of the public will be voting in the EU referendum
- Interview with Councillor and former city mayor on refugees
- A profile piece on Jeremy Corbyn
- Co-founded the alternative music site LFM. LFM features contributors from across the UK. We are invited to cover live events and festivals on a regular basis. We bring in close to 20,000 views every 6 months on our site and we have a social media following of over 20,000 which often generates in excess of a million monthly impressions.
- Surveyed over 100 men for a piece I produced on male mental health which featured interviews with honorary doctors and members of the male psychology network. See here.
- Produced a short podcast discussing the current housing crisis in Britain which included interviews with housing experts and campaigners. Listen here.
- Participated in the GENII project which connected students across the globe and I subsequently produced a piece on the Afghanistan sport Buzkashi for it. Read here.
- Founded a football outlet which brings in over 1 million average monthly impressions. See here.
- Achieved 2.8 million impressions during coverage of Euro 2016 in June 2016.
- Achieved over 10,000 views on a personal blog in 2015.
- Teeline Shorthand
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe InDesign
- Experience using a variety of CMS systems
- Social Media
- Broadcast Journalism
- Creative writing
- Social Entrepreneurship